Empire State Realty Trust Signs More than 83,000 Sq. Ft. in Ten Transactions across Greater New York Metro Portfolio
NEW YORK CITY, September 28, 2016 – Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ESRT) has executed ten new and renewal leases, totaling more than 83,000 square feet, at its Greater New York Metropolitan Class A office properties from May 2016 through August 2016.
In Westchester County:
• Mariner Investment Group, LLC renewed for 23,900 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue in Harrison. Tenant broker: Doug Furer of Mariner Real Estate Services.
• Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP leased 8,100 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue in Harrison. Tenant broker: William Montana of Savills Studley.
• Senior Care Development LLC renewed for 4,800 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck in Harrison.
• Class Action Refund extended its lease for 2,900 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck in Harrison.
• Cypress Forest Holdings leased 2,100 square feet at 10 Bank Street in White Plains. Tenant broker: Steven Greenbush of CBRE.
In Fairfield County:
• Grant Thornton LLP leased 12,400 square feet at 300 First Stamford Place in Stamford. Tenant brokers: Steve Baker and Dan Fisk of Cushman & Wakefield.
• Platform Specialty Products Corporation renewed for 11,300 square feet and expanded by 5,000 square feet at MerrittView in Norwalk. Tenant brokers: Kevin Foley and John Altieri of Cushman & Wakefield.
• Forevermark signed an expansion and renewal lease for 6,300 square feet at 300 First Stamford Place in Stamford. Tenant broker: Christian Bangert of RHYS Commercial.
• Palisades Hudson Financial Group, LLC leased 5,100 square feet at 300 First Stamford Place in Stamford.
• Schindler Elevator leased 1,100 square feet of space at First Stamford Place in Stamford.
“We are delighted with these leasing results,” said Jeffrey H. Newman, Senior Vice President of ESRT. “Our differentiated office offerings’ convenient locations, superior amenities and the excellent condition in which we maintain our properties continue to attract tenants and maintain a 94.6% occupancy for our Greater New York Metropolitan area portfolio as of June 30, 2016.”
Mr. Newman represented ESRT in the above transactions, along with Senior Leasing Associate, Kimberly Zaccagnino, and Leasing Associate, Tara Long.
About Empire State Realty Trust
Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ESRT), a leading real estate investment trust (REIT), owns, manages, operates, acquires and repositions office and retail properties in Manhattan and the greater New York metropolitan area, including the Empire State Building, the world’s most famous building. Headquartered in New York, New York, the Company’s office and retail portfolio covers 10.1 million rentable square feet, as of June 30, 2016, consisting of 9.4 million rentable square feet in 14 office properties, including nine in Manhattan, three in Fairfield County, Connecticut and two in Westchester County, New York; and approximately 720,000 rentable square feet in the retail portfolio.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Federal securities laws. You can identify these statements by our use of the words “assumes,” “believes,” “estimates,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “projects” and similar expressions that do not relate to historical matters. You should exercise caution in interpreting and relying on forward-looking statements, because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which are, in some cases, beyond ESRT’s control and could materially affect actual results, performance or achievements. Such factors and risks include, without limitation, a failure of conditions or performance regarding any event or transaction described above, regulatory changes, and other risks and uncertainties described from time to time in ESRT’s filings with the SEC. Except as may be required by law, ESRT does not undertake a duty to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.