Empire State Realty Trust Signs More than 75,000 Sq. Ft. Across Greater New York Metro Portfolio
NEW YORK CITY, May 12, 2016 – Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESRT) has finalized 12 lease transactions, totaling more than 75,000 square feet, at its Greater New York Metropolitan Class A office properties from November 2015 to April 2016.
In Fairfield County, CT:
• DBRS, Inc. leased 5,300 square feet at 100 First Stamford Place in Stamford. Tenant brokers: Gerry Miovski and Budd Wiesenberg of CBRE.
• Paycom Payroll, LLC leased 4,800 square feet at 100 First Stamford Place. Tenant brokers: Jesse Rubens and Sebastian Findlay of MHP Real Estate Services.
• Aspect Capital renewed 2,000 square feet at Metro Center in Stamford.
In Westchester County, NY:
• Keevily Spero-Whitelaw renewed 14,200 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue in Harrison. Tenant brokers: Chris O’Callaghan and Mark Jacobs of JLL.
• Stark Business Solutions renewed 13,800 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck. Tenant broker: Eric Goldschmidt of Goldschmidt & Associates.
• Marubeni Specialty Chemicals Inc. renewed 12,300 square feet at Ten Bank Street in White Plains. Tenant brokers: Christopher O’Callaghan, Mark Jacobs and Justin Centre of JLL.
• Pro Travel International LLC renewed 7,000 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue.
• NuEnergen, LLC renewed and expanded to 5,000 square feet at Ten Bank Street.
• Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company leased 3,800 square feet at Ten Bank Street. Tenant brokers: Michael Gordon and Joseph Cabrera of Colliers.
• Banco Latino-Americano de Comercio Exterior, S.A. (Bladex) leased 3,100 square feet at Ten Bank Street. Tenant broker: Nancy Weinstein of Savills Studley.
• The Gateside Group L.P. renewed 2,200 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue.
• Pantaenius America Ltd. renewed 1,900 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue. Tenant broker: Alan Zuckerman of Alan Zuckerman Real Estate.
“We are pleased to be attracting new, quality tenants while retaining the many prestigious ones that already distinguish our tenant base,” said Jeffrey H. Newman, Senior Vice President of ESRT. “Our properties look fantastic. Our convenient locations are in demand by excellent tenants, and we are happy to be 94.5% leased.”
Mr. Newman represented ESRT in the above transactions, along with Senior Leasing Associate Kimberly Zaccagnino and Leasing Associate Tara Long.
About Empire State Realty Trust
Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ESRT), a leading real estate investment trust (REIT), owns, manages, operates, acquires and repositions office and retail properties in Manhattan and the greater New York metropolitan area, including the Empire State Building, the world’s most famous building. Headquartered in New York, New York, the Company’s office and retail portfolio covers 10.1 million rentable square feet, as of December 31, 2015, consisting of 9.4 million rentable square feet in 14 office properties, including nine in Manhattan, three in Fairfield County, Connecticut and two in Westchester County, New York; and approximately 720,000 rentable square feet in the retail portfolio.
This press release includes “forward looking statements.” Forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of words such as “believes,” “expects,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “seeks,” “approximately,” “intends,” “plans,” “pro forma,” “estimates,” “contemplates,” “aims,” “continues,” “would” or “anticipates” or the negative of these words and phrases or similar words or phrases. The following factors, among others, could cause actual results and future events to differ materially from those set forth or contemplated in the forward-looking statements: the factors included in (i) the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015, including those set forth under the headings “Risk Factors,” “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” “Business,” and “Properties” and (ii) in future periodic reports filed by the Company under the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. While forward-looking statements reflect the Company’s good faith beliefs, they are not guarantees of future performance. The Company disclaims any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement to reflect changes in underlying assumptions or factors, or new information, data or methods, future events or other changes after the date of this press release, except as required by applicable law. For a further discussion of these and other factors that could impact the Company’s future results, performance or transactions, see the section entitled “Risk Factors” in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015, and other risks described in documents subsequently filed by the Company from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Prospective investors should not place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are based only on information currently available to the Company (or to third parties making the forward-looking statements).