Empire State Realty Trust Signs Leases for Over 46,000 Square Feet At Greater New York Metro Properties
Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESRT) (“ESRT”), a leading real estate investment trust with office and retail properties in Manhattan and the greater New York metropolitan area, has recently concluded over 46,000 square feet of leasing at its Fairfield and Westchester County office properties.
The transactions in Fairfield County are:
- ASC Advisors, LLC leased 4,136 square feet at 300 First Stamford Place in Stamford, CT, in a relocation from Greenwich. Tenant brokers: Gerry Lees and Maureen O’Boyle of Cushman & Wakefield.
- Arenson Office Furnishings of Connecticut, Inc. renewed 3,953 square feet at 300 First Stamford Place.
- Barrow Street Capital LLC renewed 2,579 square feet at 300 First Stamford Place. Tenant broker: Nat Barnum of New England Land Company, Ltd.
- Choyce Peterson, Inc. leased 2,450 square feet at MerrittView in Norwalk, CT. The tenant was represented in-house by John P. Hannigan and Alan Peterson.
The transactions in Westchester County are:
- Edelman Financial Services, LLC renewed and expanded at Ten Bank Street in White Plains, NY, increasing its occupancy to 4,169 square feet from 2,514 square feet. Tenant broker: Torey Walsh of Cushman & Wakefield.
- Kirshenbaum, Urban & Tan, LLP renewed, expanded and will relocate within Ten Bank Street, increasing its occupancy to 2,429 square feet from 1,931 square feet.
- Pine Brook Road Advisors renewed and expanded its space at Ten Bank Street, increasing its occupancy to 2,663 square feet from 1,470 square feet. Tenant broker: Howard Greenberg of Howard Properties.
- Mariner Investment Group, LLC renewed 16,296 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue in Harrison, NY. Tenant broker: Doug Furer of Mariner Real Estate.
- MGT Capital Investments, Inc. renewed 2,791 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue. Tenant broker: Matthew Lisk of Cushman & Wakefield.
- I-Behavior renewed 2,716 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue. Tenant broker: Kevin Langtry of CBRE.
- Pantaenius America Ltd. renewed 1,862 square feet at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue. Tenant broker: Alan Zuckerman of Zuckerman Real Estate.
“It’s been an active summer for us, as our properties continue to attract new quality tenants.” says Jeffrey H. Newman, senior vice president of Empire State Realty Trust. “It means a lot to us when our tenants renew or expand, which we view as a testament to the Empire State Realty Trust brand for top-quality office environments and full range of exceptional amenities and services.”
Mr. Newman represented the landlord in all of the above transactions, along with senior leasing associate Kimberly Zaccagnino and leasing associate Tara Long.
About Empire State Realty Trust
Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ESRT), a leading real estate investment trust (REIT), owns, manages, operates, acquires and repositions office and retail properties in Manhattan and the greater New York metropolitan area, including the Empire State Building, the world’s most famous office building. Headquartered in New York, New York, the Company’s office and retail portfolio covers 10.0 million rentable square feet, as of July 15, 2014, consisting of 9.3 million rentable square feet in 14 office properties, including nine in Manhattan, three in Fairfield County, Connecticut and two in Westchester County, New York; and approximately 732,000 rentable square feet in the retail portfolio. The Company also owns land at the Stamford, Connecticut Transportation Center that supports the development of an approximately 380,000 rentable square foot office building and garage.
This press release includes “forward looking statements”. Forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of words such as “believes,” “expects,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “seeks,” “approximately,” “intends,” “plans,” “pro forma,” “estimates,” “contemplates,” “aims,” “continues,” “would” or “anticipates” or the negative of these words and phrases or similar words or phrases. The following factors, among others, could cause actual results and future events to differ materially from those set forth or contemplated in the forward-looking statements: the factors included in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013, including those set forth under the headings “Risk Factors,” “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” and “Business” and “Properties.” While forward-looking statements reflect the Company’s good faith beliefs, they are not guarantees of future performance. The Company disclaims any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement to reflect changes in underlying assumptions or factors, or new information, data or methods, future events or other changes after the date of this press release, except as required by applicable law. For a further discussion of these and other factors that could impact the Company’s future results, performance or transactions, see the section entitled “Risk Factors” in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2013, and other risks described in documents subsequently filed by the Company from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Prospective investors should not place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are based only on information currently available to the Company (or to third parties making the forward-looking statements).