Empire State Realty Trust Completes Eighteen Transactions; More than 86,000 Square Feet Leased in Fairfield And Westchester Thus Far for 2015
Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESRT) (“ESRT”) recently concluded eighteen leasing transactions at its Fairfield County, CT and Westchester County, NY office properties. The deals are among more than 86,000 square feet of transactions signed within the Greater NY Metro portfolio since year-end 2014.
The transactions in Fairfield County included:
- TrexQuant Management LLC signed a 9,800-square-foot renewal and expansion at First Stamford Place in Stamford.
- KH Advisers, Inc. leased 2,500 square feet at First Stamford Place. Tenant broker: Richard Rosencrans of JLL.
- Susquehanna Financial Group, LLLP renewed 6,900 square feet at Metro Center in Stamford.
- Westy Storage Centers renewed 7,000 square feet at Metro Center.
- Reed Elsevier, Inc. expanded by 5,700 square feet at MerrittView in Norwalk.
- Sirius International Holding Company, Inc. leased 2,900 square feet on the penthouse level of MerrittView. Tenant brokers: Adam Foster and Michael Nelson of CBRE.
- Merrimac Corp. renewed 2,900 square feet at First Stamford Place.
- Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC renewed 2,100 square feet at Metro Center.
- Surgical Care Affiliates, Inc. expanded to 4,100 square feet at First Stamford Place. Tenant broker: Ernie DeLucia of Colliers.
The transactions in Westchester County included:
- Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, LLC expanded by 5,600 square feet at Ten Bank Street in White Plains, bringing its total occupancy to 20,900 square feet. Tenant broker: Paul Hoffman of CBRE.
- Two Four Holdings expanded by 3,200 square feet at Ten Bank Street.
- True North Management Group leased 10,500 square feet at Ten Bank Street. Tenant broker: Kevin McCarthy of CBRE.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company signed a 6,900 square-foot renewal and expansion at Ten Bank Street. Tenant brokers: Robert Shulman and Maureen Young of Cresa Partners.
- Barrington Chemical Corporation signed a 3,700-square-foot renewal and expansion at 500 Mamaroneck Avenue in Harrison.
“Fostering long-term tenant relationships and enabling successful businesses to grow within the ESRT portfolio is what we do,” said Jeffrey H. Newman, senior vice president of ESRT. “That so many of these recent transactions were expansions and renewals underscores the success of our approach to building lasting relationships with our tenants.”
Mr. Newman represented the landlord, ESRT, in all of the above transactions, along with senior leasing associate Kimberly Zaccagnino and leasing associate Tara Long.
About Empire State Realty Trust
Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ESRT), a leading real estate investment trust (REIT), owns, manages, operates, acquires and repositions office and retail properties in Manhattan and the greater New York metropolitan area, including the Empire State Building, the world's most famous office building. Headquartered in New York, New York, the Company's office and retail portfolio covers 10.0 million rentable square feet, as of March 31, 2015, consisting of 9.3 million rentable square feet in 14 office properties, including nine in Manhattan, three in Fairfield County, Connecticut and two in Westchester County, New York; and approximately 727,000 rentable square feet in the retail portfolio.
*Please note all lease square footages are approximate.
This press release includes “forward looking statements.” Forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of words such as “believes,” “expects,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “seeks,” “approximately,” “intends,” “plans,” “pro forma,” “estimates,” “contemplates,” “aims,” “continues,” “would” or “anticipates” or the negative of these words and phrases or similar words or phrases. The following factors, among others, could cause actual results and future events to differ materially from those set forth or contemplated in the forward-looking statements: the factors included in (i) the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2014, including those set forth under the headings "Risk Factors," "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," "Business,” and “Properties" and (ii) in future periodic reports filed by the Company under the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. While forward-looking statements reflect the Company's good faith beliefs, they are not guarantees of future performance. The Company disclaims any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement to reflect changes in underlying assumptions or factors, or new information, data or methods, future events or other changes after the date of this press release, except as required by applicable law. For a further discussion of these and other factors that could impact the Company's future results, performance or transactions, see the section entitled “Risk Factors” in the Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2014, and other risks described in documents subsequently filed by the Company from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Prospective investors should not place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are based only on information currently available to the Company (or to third parties making the forward-looking statements).